|Title:||Senior Data Scientist|
HawkEye 360 is a Radio Frequency (RF) data analytics company. We operate the first of its kind commercial satellite constellation to identify, process, and geolocate a broad set of RF signals. We extract value from this unique data through proprietary algorithms, fusing it with other sources to create powerful analytical products that solve hard challenges for our global customers. Our products include maritime domain awareness and spectrum mapping and monitoring and are designed to serve a wide range of commercial, government and international customers.
Build the world’s first commercial space-based RF Analytics Firm
Reporting to the Vice President of Product, the Senior Data Scientist will be responsible for driving the company analytics strategy. S/he will examine markets and technologies to determine the most important problems to be solved and the most likely means to solve them. The Senior Data Scientist will recommend focus areas for analytics exploration which will separate Hawkey360 from the field of competitors. S/he will harness the power of AI and Machine Learning to model key aspects of RF data producing leap ahead capabilities that will power Hawkeye360’s advance in the market.
The right candidate must be an intuitive thought leader who can fully understand global market demands in both the public and private sectors. Additionally, s/he will serve collaboratively with the engineering, project and sales teams to ensure alignment of analytics strategy and business strategy. The Senior Data Scientist will be both a “strategic thinker” and “pragmatic doer” who shapes, leads, and executes on the analytics priorities. The ideal candidate will not be shy about product reinvention, always looking for new ways to make Hawkeye difficult to follow.
We’ll Expect You To…
- Develop long term and short-term analytics strategies.
- Be able to span the range and effectively communicate analytics strategies to both executive leadership and engineering staff
- Translate RF analytics strategies into market relevant initiatives
- Create analytics models to test the initiative hypotheses
- Iterate and refine models to match the domains of interest
- Define the analytics roadmap and development goals in actionable milestones and deliverables.
- Closely collaborate with the sales, operations and engineering functions, to ensure alignment of analytics roadmap with company strategy, sales objectives, and technical capabilities.
- Design and execute product integration campaigns and implement metrics to track and report on analytics adoption rates.
You’ll Need to Have…
- 10+ years professional Data Science experience with at least 4 years leading analytics product development.
- Experience with big data analytics solutions. Signals analysis experience preferred.
- Experience with a wide variety of AI & statistical modeling techniques
- Strong understanding of analytic product development within service based and/or cloud subscription models.
- Experience with global markets, including government (commercial nice to have).
- Proven track record of transforming early phase innovations into a fully rationalized product.
- Deep analytical and organizational skills w/ the ability to concisely articulate a salient point of view.
- Passionate about solving customer problems with innovative technology.
- Great communication skills, sense of humor and willingness to do the hard work required to make an early-stage venture successful.
- Demonstrated ability to work constructively and collaboratively with all company functions including accounting/finance, human resources, engineering, product, and legal/strategy.
- Nice to have: exposure to defense and intelligence ecosystem.
- Strongly preferred: geo-spatial and/or RF technologies.
- Attributes: intelligent, resilient, creative, good humored, efficient, team-player, respectfully candid, non-political, sensible and straightforward.
- Must be a team player who can work well across all levels of the organization.
- Comfortable in small but very fast passed environment.
- Proactive problem solver with good sense of humor.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: