|Title:||System Operations Engineer|
HawkEye 360 is a Radio Frequency (RF) data analytics company. We operate the first of its kind commercial satellite constellation to identify, process, and geolocate a broad set of RF signals. We extract value from this unique data through proprietary algorithms, fusing it with other sources to create powerful analytical products that solve hard challenges for our global customers. Our products include maritime domain awareness and spectrum mapping and monitoring designed to serve a wide range of commercial, government and international customers.
Build the world’s first RF-Derived Geospatial Analytics Firm
HawkEye 360 is currently seeking a System Operations Engineer. The Engineer will serve as the primary point of contact for the entire company for critical operations tasks including system capacity planning, QA/QC, and ordering & delivery of the company’s products to internal and external customers. The Engineer will be expected to understand the essentials of processes and procedures implemented by developers in order to translate and automate custom engineering processes into repeatable operations tools that can be used by non-experts. HawkEye 360 is looking for a candidate with excellent problem-solving skills, who is creative and has a passion for working with and developing new innovative technology.
We’ll Expect You To…
- Oversee the measurement and reporting of key system metrics spanning the end-to-end HawkEye 360 system, including embedded spacecraft systems, processing QA/QC, and data delivery.
- Resolve Tier 1 issues across the production environment.
- Support the operations of the company by becoming conversant with, and recommending improvements to, all internal business operational tools and processes.
- Contribute to the multi satellite formation cluster capacity planning.
- Support a cross organizational role spanning from operations, engineering, and sales.
You’ll Need to Have…
- 3-7+ years professional systems engineering or operations management experience.
- M.S. or B.S. in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or another engineering field with relevant work in Operations, DevOps, or data analytics.
- Particularly strong work experience may be deemed equivalent for candidates with alternative degrees.
- Demonstrated effective automation of manual processes into stable operational tools.
- Demonstrated success in leading or supporting multidisciplinary teams.
- Effective experience with computational problem-solving methods and modeling using some combination of Python, Shell, MATLAB, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
We’d Like to See…
- Current TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with Metric & Monitoring tools such as Grafana, Superset, CloudWatch, and Kibana
- Experience in databases such as PostgreSQL Prometheus, Elasticsearch
- Experience in supporting operational systems with external facing users
- Experience with containerized services
- Experience in programing languages such as Python, Java, or Shell
- Ability to lead cross-organizational groups without explicit authority
- Ability to work in a small and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well with all levels of company disciplines (i.e. Legal, HR, etc.).
- Sense of humor, optimism, and ability to proactively problem solve.