|Title:||Lead Technical Program Manager|
|Team:||Technology & Products|
HawkEye 360 is seeking a Lead Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join the Product and Technology team. As the lead TPM at HE360, you will be expected to contribute through both hands-on program/project management, and team leadership to build and mentor a team of TPMs responsible for cross-functional execution of large technical programs. On a day to day basis, you will work closely with product managers and engineering managers to deliver new value to customers across a variety of technical domains, and you will be expected to bring an intense customer focus and strategic mindset to sequence projects that build towards broader company-level product goals.
HawkEye 360’s technical stack is vertically integrated across spacecraft development, RF signal processing, data science / data engineering, and cloud-based enterprise applications. An ideal Lead TPM candidate will bring hands-on technical experience across one or more of these domains, with a track record of facilitating complex software projects and programs to completion.As the Lead Technical Program Manager, your main responsibilities will be:
- Drive through ambiguity to get things done
- Facilitate communication, alignment, and shared understanding between development teams, product managers, and stakeholders
- Build, prioritize, and execute agile project plans that deliver incremental value with a tight feedback loop towards a long-term product & technology vision
- Establish best practices for the TPM role inside HE360 by pioneering the hands-on exploration of what works (and what doesn’t work) to successfully deliver projects & programs in our environment
- Organize, guide, and mentor other contributors managing critical technical projects across HE360
Essential education and experience:
- 4+ years as a technical program manager, product manager, or engineering manager
- 2+ years managing direct reports and/or coaching project managers: hiring and onboarding, defining and assigning roles & responsibilities, unblocking issues, building lightweight processes as needed, and sharing expertise that “levels up” other contributors
- Track record of successfully managing software or data science projects in a dynamic environment across multiple fast-moving, independent teams (e.g. a startup or comparable environment)
- Experience making strong tradeoff judgements (scope, resources, timeframe, or quality) in a variety of different situations based on the technical status, project/program goals, and long-term business strategy
- Entrepreneurial background: Prior experience building technical products or businesses from scratch; active side projects; passion for the startup environment; etc
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field; or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of hands-on technical experience in software development, data science, space systems, or signal processing; or alternatively, 3+ years experience in geospatial or signal analysis
- Experience managing projects tailored to defense and intelligence customers; an understanding of the global security environment; deep understanding of national security end-user value and pain points
HawkEye 360 offers a compensation package that includes a competitive base salary plus annual performance bonus, benefits and stock options. We consider many factors when determining salary offers, such as candidate's work experience, education, training & skills, as well as market and business considerations. We are also open to considering candidates with experience and qualifications at a different level than required in a job posting, which may affect the compensation package offered.
HawkEye 360 is delivering a revolutionary source of global knowledge based on radio frequency (RF) geospatial analytics to those working to make the world a safer place. The company operates a commercial satellite constellation that detects, geolocates, and identifies a broad range of signals & behaviors. We employ cutting edge AI techniques to equip our global customers with high-impact insights needed to make decisions with confidence. HawkEye 360 is headquartered in Herndon, Virginia.
HawkEye 360 is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
To all recruitment agencies: HawkEye 360 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, HawkEye 360 employees or any other organization location. HawkEye 360 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.